Sunday, August 9, 2009

Delicious GAPS coconut muffins!

I found this recipe on the internet, and modified it to make it absolutely GAPS legal.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. If you don't have fresh bananas on hand, thaw a couple frozen ones in the following manner:
Put the frozen bananas in a bowl. Put the bowl in a bowl of hot tap water. When one side gets mushy, flip. Ta-da! A microwave free banana thawing solution!
While the oven is preheating and the bananas are thawing (of course you may not need to thaw if you have fresh ones), whisk 6 eggs (yes, you heard me, half a dozen!) in a mixing bowl. Whisk in 2 tbsp each of butter and coconut oil (I successfully used all butter, so I bet you could use all coconut oil as well if you needed non-dairy) and milk (I used water and they turned out just fine). Also add 3 tbsp of honey, 1/8 tsp of salt, and 1/2 tsp of vanilla. (I left out the vanilla because I didn't know the ingredients, and they came out just fine.) Stir in the bananas and 1 cup of coconut flour. Grease 12 muffin cups with coconut oil and bake (for around 20 minutes, I guess). Makes 12 muffins. Mom and I love them. Now if I could only get my brother to eat them . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment