Monday, September 13, 2010

Crabapple Sauce and a Braided Rug



Yesterday I accomplished two things: Making a jar of crabapple sauce/butter, whatever it is called, and finishing a braided rug. It was easy to braid the rug once I figured out to overlap the rag strips instead of sewing them together. It ended up about the size of a mini trampoline. That was from a big garbage bag of rag strips. The crabapple sauce involved picking the crabapples, chopping off the stems and flower ends, cooking them, adding more water and mashing them in through a colander to remove the seeds and fibrous bits (mind you, this was learned partly through trial and error and got a lot more dishes dirty than necessary), adding cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and honey, and boiling it down. Maybe next time I will figure out how to take pictures of all the steps. Meanwhile, the tomato plant is making two tiny tomatoes and a few flowers, while a few radishes came up in the planters. And I had a weird dream about rabbits half the size of gerbils, and the other week I dreamed about pigs the size of guinea pigs. Weird!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! My name is Hannah and you followed my blog The Life of my American Girl Dolls. I said that I would give the 15th follower an award for her blog. The only problem is that I don't have your email address. I don't know how for us to exchange email addresses and as a result of that I will not be able to give you an award. I will thank you very much for following my blog.

    ReplyDelete