Monday, February 15, 2010

Cheap therapy

There is a great website called http://www.craftbits.com/. It has a whole section devoted to "therapy crafts", which usually means just games with music and balloons and tea parties. But two of the ideas are absolutely wonderful and I just had to share.
The first one is a stress ball/yoyo. It is made by filling a balloon with flour, birdseed (haven't actually tried the birdseed) or a mixture of flour and water. Then you cut the neck off another balloon and stuff the first balloon in. This is a great stress ball. Make it a stress yoyo by tying and holding secure with tape a piece of thin elastic. THIS CRAFT ROCKS! I made one with just flour for my friend, with a cute crocheted smiley face drawstring bag. Then I made one with flour and water for myself. It is also a yoyo. If you have a trampoline, you can fling your stress ball yoyo at it and if you are watching anyone else do it, you can see the ball go splat and then return to its shape! It is very fun.
The other craft idea was to fill a balloon with 1/2 cup soil, 1/4 cup water, and some radish seeds. Use a funnel to fill the balloon, and then blow up the balloon. Hang it from the ceiling. You now have a miniature greenhouse! I just started one today, but I used sprout mix seeds instead of radish. Hope it works!

No comments:

Post a Comment