Sunday, October 18, 2009

Neurological weirdness . . .

After coming back from a scout campout, my brain started to do funny things. First, I was hugging my dad goodnight, and suddenly ran away because I thought he was a creepy guy. Next, I threw my favorite stuffed bunny named Rutabaga across the room, and felt as though I would vomit should I eat a rutabaga. Isn't that weird?
Sometimes I don't understand why my brain does these things. I know it's part of the schizophrenia, and I know I should be grateful for not hearing voices, but still, it's hard. Sometimes I think the GAPS diet isn't working, or is pointless, or isn't worth it. But I know that's not true, because it is most likely thanks to the GAPS diet that I am not hearing voices. Not to mention my crappy medications and God's mercy.
At least I survived church today. I was worried. I learned that St. Dymphna is an intercessor for mental illness. I try to ask for her prayers. That is neat, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment